…. and now we explain what happen and how solve or which workaround we can apply ;).
Sometimes we forgot change Resolution field when we close the issue and, after, we wanna change it with the correct value
we cannot do this. As shown in following GIF:
We can change Fix Version/s field but Resolution is …. unchangeable….. unbelievable.
Clear. The question is: How we can solve?
The situation is clear and we can solve in several ways. Let me introduce how:
- A very easy solution is change all own JQL queries and use only the State field to understand if issue is resolved. Ok. This is very easy but database stay dirty 😉
- Remember set Resolution Field. OK.
- Set a post-function: set Resolution field when status change to Done, Resolved, etc.
Seriously. How solve the problem?
ok. Talk seriously. Exist a workaround described in this post of Atlassian Community. Let me time: I wanna describe better each steps (step is in Bold + Italic)
- Backup your instance (Better before every operation of this type).
- Copy the workflow for the affected project. Better have a copy. If we do a wrong action, we can restore the correct Workflow;
- Add a transition for the affected status(es) called ‘Fix Resolution’ with the destination as the step it originated from (so it doesn’t change the status). Ok. We start doing first action: Modify the workflow.
- Add the ‘Update Issue Field’ post-function to that transition, as in the example below:
- Make sure the transition has been configured to fire Issue Resolved event to get Resolution Date set properly. Nothing to say: Follow the step.
- As in our Configuring workflow schemes, add a new workflow scheme and associate the appropriate Issue Types to the new workflow. Very important. Remember always this: choose the right issue type and the right workflow.
- Modify the project so that it uses the new workflow. Be careful: Now we are applying the changes.
- Using a Bulk Operation to edit those issues using the ‘Fix Resolution’ transition. This will reset the field to None. In this case we do a default value to none. This fire the workflow and change the field to right value.
- Change the project back to the original workflow. Back to the origin.
This is the only solution?
No. We can use also Script Runner , Groovy Amigo, as shown by MrAddon.
By Artigiano Del Software