Jira is an issue tracker and project management system. With their latest release, the Jira team has now expanded their user base to agile teams as well as business teams. This book provides a comprehensive explanation covering all major components of Jira, including Jira Software, Jira Core, and Jira Service Desk.
This book starts with an introduction to Jira’s unique features and how it can be used as an issue-tracking tool. It will then teach you about how a new project is created by a Jira administrator, what responsibilities there are, and using correct and relevant schemes in your project. You will then learn how to configure project workﬂows and fields for project screens.
You will understand the various permissions used in projects and the importance of project roles in Jira. Then, the book talks about the concepts of versions acting as milestones and using components when handling issues in your projects. It will then focus on analysing data using built-in reports and creating dashboards in Jira.
At the end, it will discuss various best practices for users as well as project managers or project administrators.
What You Will Learn
- Implement Jira as a project administrator or project manager
- Get familiar with various functionalities of Jira
- Configure projects and boards in your organisation’s Jira instance
- Understand how and when to use components and versions in your projects
- Manage project configurations and Jira schemes
- Learn the best practices to manage your Jira instance