The most important features for Jira Server for us (MrAddon) are marked in bold (in blue only for Datacenter Jiras)
(info extracted from Atlassian)
- Support for OpenJDK 8
- (Important note of MrAddon for Administrators, there are changes in the Tomcat conf. See more)
- Custom fields optimizer (Data Center)
- Sharing edit rights for filters and dashboards
- New events in the audit log (filters and dashboards)
- New look and feel of the custom fields page
- Disabling Days in column time indicator to improve performance
- New compression method (Google’s Snappy) when copying the index between the nodes (Data Center)
- Support for IPv6
- New columns on the Projects page (Issues, Last issue update)
- Development information available in Basic Search
- Apache Tomcat 8.5.29
- New look and feel for Jira, including the first wave of changes to the most frequently used pages.
- Archiving inactive or completed projects (Data Center).
- New events in the audit log.
- Case-insensitive labels.
- Quick start guide for Jira Data Center.
- Sending Jira notifications to Stride rooms and conversations.
- Improved Kanban boards showing only recently modified issues in the Done column.
- Searching through versions with a wildcard.
- Choosing delimiters when exporting your issues to CSV.
- Disabling empty JQL queries to avoid performance issues with empty filters.
- New events in the audit log.
- Asynchronous cache replication in Jira Data Center.
- IPv6 support for MySQL databases.
- Quick search that shows instant results, and displays your recent work if you’re not searching.
- Dutch language pack.
- REST API to manage priority schemes outside of the user interface
- Italian and Finnish language packs
- Project-specific priorities.
- Live monitoring of your Jira instance with JMX.
- Subtasks drag ‘n’ drop.
- X-Frame-Options to prevent clickjacking.
- Improved Kanban backlog: versions and epics panels to let you better manage your releases.
- Sprint goals: add goals to your sprints to let your team know what you want to achieve.
- Renaming and deleting inactive or closed sprints.
- Jira Software Data Center on Microsoft Azure.
- Events for creating and deleting issue links.
- Syntax highlighting for additional 25 languages.
New Czech, Estonian, Danish, Icelandic, Norwegian, Romanian, Slovak, and Polish language packs.
- Extended project-level administration.
Project-level admins get more privileges when editing workflows and can also edit project’s screens. You can also disable this feature.
- Backlog for your Kanban projects.
- Exporting issues to HTML.
- In-app notifications to help you stay up-to-date with license renewals, new versions, and critical changes.
- Garbage collection logs enabled by default to help you and our Support teams troubleshoot your issues.
- Project-level administration.
Delegate some admin responsibilities to project-level admins, allowing them to edit workflows.
- Rich text editing, or ‘what you see is what you get’.
- Single sign-on for Data Center, enabled by default.
- Zero downtime upgrades for Data Center.